A wide variety of laboratory tests are available at the Student Health Clinic, including, but not limited to, testing for anemia, liver function, kidney disease, diabetes, cholesterol and infections. We also perform screening tests for sexually transmitted infections, Pap smears, testing for yeast infections, tests for strep throat, mono and the flu. If you are not sure what test you need or think you need a test that is not listed here, please call us at 404-413-1930 or go to the Georgia State University Patient Portal to make an appointment with a provider.
Some of the most common diagnostic and screening laboratory tests performed at the Student Health Clinic are as follows:
- Complete blood count (CBC) – $13.00
- Complete metabolic panel (CMP) – $18.00
- Herpes serum – $51.00
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) – $32.00- $105.00
- QuantiFERON test (tuberculosis blood test) – $75.00
- Cholesterol testing (should fast for 8 hours before this test)- $25.00
- Mononucleosis (Mono) rapid screen – $15.00
- Pap – $25- $125.00
- Pregnancy test – $11.00
- Streptococcal (strep) rapid screen – $20.00
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) – $30.00
- Vitamin D- $50
- Blood glucose- $5
- Hemoglobin A1C- $25.00
Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing
The tests below are done routinely. If you would like to be tested for other STDs then please make an appointment with a provider at the Georgia State University Patient Portal or by calling 404-413-1930.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) – $23.00
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea – $33.00 for every site tested
- Syphilis (rapid plasma regain or RPR) – $10.00
Please Note: We currently only accept the United Healthcare Student insurance plan that is offered through Georgia State University. Students with this insurance plan only pay a copay. All other students pay the amount listed above. Prices may vary based on the manufacturer used at the time of testing.