Individual nutritional counseling is available for a variety of disease states, including:
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) issues
- Overweight and obesity
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Nutrition education covers the following health and wellness topics:
- Eating on a budget
- Food intolerance and allergy (i.e., gluten or soy)
- Portion control
- Specialty diets (i.e., vegetarian or vegan)
- Weight changes (weight loss, weight maintenance and weight gain)
Fees and Referrals
Currently enrolled Georgia State University students can meet with a registered dietitian free of charge. Students may be referred for nutrition services by a health care provider in the Student Health Clinic or a counselor in the Counseling and Testing Center. Referrals are not required, but self-referred patients will be screened and accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact our Registered Dietitian, Leslie Knapp to schedule an appointment at 404-413-2171.